The Atlona AT-HDR-M2C is an audio converter for extracting and downmixing multi-channel PCM, Dolby, and DTS audio from HDMI sources. It features an HDMI input with pass-through, and delivers stereo downmixed audio over a separate HDMI output, as well as unbalanced analog and TOSLINK digital audio outputs. The HDR-M2C is compatible with high dynamic range (HDR) formats and is HDCP 2.2 compliant. It supports 4K/UHD video @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, as well as HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. This audio converter includes EDID management features as well as audio volume and bass / treble controls, all available via Ethernet through the Atlona Management System (AMS), the web GUI, or a control system. The HDR-M2C can conveniently serve surround sound and two-channel audio systems from a multi-channel audio source.
The HDR-M2C is ideal for residential and commercial applications with the latest as well as emerging 4K/UHD and HDR sources and displays. It is compatible with all video resolutions, audio formats, and color space formats supported in the HDMI 2.0a specification, plus the ability to pass metadata for HDR content. The HDR-M2C includes Atlona's award-winning 10-year limited product warranty and customer support services, so that integrators can specify, purchase, and install with confidence.
- Residential and commercial installations - The HDR-M2C is designed for AV systems with the latest UHD and HDR sources such as Ultra HD Blu-ray players, plus compatible televisions and projectors.
- Audio compatibility - The HDR-M2C is ideal for applications requiring playback of multi-channel source content over displays and whole-house audio systems.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a powerful network software platform ideal for configuring, managing, and monitoring the HDR-M2C and other Atlona IP-controllable devices over a LAN, WAN, or VPN. AMS is available free from Atlona, and greatly streamlines installation and maintenance of several Atlona products throughout a facility or enterprise, from a standard web browser.
HDMI audio de-embedding and multi-channel audio downmixing
- De-embeds HDMI audio with or without connection to a display or other destination
- Provides easy integration of HDMI audio sources into whole-house and other audio systems
Downmixes multi-channel PCM, Dolby, and DTS formats to stereo audio
- Extracts, decodes, downmixes, and converts digital multi-channel bitstreams to two-channel signals
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, plus support for HDR formats
- Ideal for new and emerging 4K/UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Compatible with 4K HDR10 and Dolby Vision™ @ 60 Hz
- Fully supports video resolutions, audio formats, and color space formats in the HDMI 2.0a specification